Invitations to respond to the 2020 Census will be delivered between March 12-20. Once you receive that invitation, you can respond online, by phone, or by mail. Please visit the 2020 Census website for more information.
Importance of the Data
- The 2020 Census will determine congressional representation, inform hundreds of billions in federal funding, and provide data that will impact communities for the next decade.
- School lunches. Plans for highways. Support for firefighters and families in need. Census results affect your community every day.
- The results of the 2020 Census will help determine how hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding flow into communities every year for the next decade. That funding shapes many different aspects of every community, no matter the size, no matter the location.
Your Privacy Matters:
- When you respond to the census, your answers are kept anonymous. They are used only to produce statistics.
- The U.S. Census Bureau is bound by law to protect your answers and keep them strictly confidential. The law ensures that your private information is never published and that your answers cannot be used against you by any government agency or court.