We are excited to announce the creation of the GNCA’s Youth Volunteer Association! This group is intended to give our youth members a chance to participate more actively in GNCA’s efforts of education and promotion of cultural understanding in Middle Tennessee’s Chinese community.
What will I do in YVA?
- Take leadership roles within the YVA
- Work with and receive mentoring from GNCA leaders
- Interact with other groups throughout Middle Tennessee
- Help others through community service
How will I benefit from YVA?
- Make new friends
- Build leadership skills
- Learn more about Middle Tennessee’s Chinese community
- See how your individual and team efforts improve the community around you
Interested in joining? You just need to…
- Be a rising 9th grader and above
- Demonstrate leadership aptitude and an interest in community service
- Exhibit flexibility, maturity, integrity, good social skills, and open-mindedness
- Be able to work cooperatively in diverse groups and tolerate the opinions of others
- Be capable of implementing projects that benefit applicant’s school and/or community
- Have the motivation necessary to be an active and successful YVA participant
If you are interested in joining the YVA, please click on the link below to submit an application.