As soon as we decided to hold this year’s GNCA Duanwu Festival event online, the next question was how to do it. We have decided on a mix of prerecorded and live material. Since we’re unable to get together in person and catch up on each others’ lives, we want you to share a bit of your current life with us, in video form.
Send us a short video of your current life during these last few strange months. We’ll pick the best and edit them together for all to enjoy. The content is up to you, but here are some suggestions:
- Show us your “new normal”: life at home, social distancing, etc.
- Share how your family is celebrating Duanwu Festival during these times
- Show us a slice of your “Chinese in Nashville” life
- Entertain us: sing, dance, play an instrument, tell jokes, recite a poem, act out a skit!
Time is limited, and we’ll need your help to make sure we can review all submissions and complete the editing:
- Keep videos short — under one minute
- Record on your phone in landscape/horizontal orientation
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an upload link
- Put your name and a video title in the filename
- Submit your video by 8pm on Wednesday, June 10
We will also put together a segment to congratulate this year’s graduates (including kindergarten, elementary, middle school, and high school); if you’ve got children you want to include, please email us at email@example.com.
Thanks in advance for your participation, and please contact us with any questions!