Application Deadline for Initial Leadership Group: June 1, 2020
We are excited to announce the creation of the GNCA’s Youth Volunteer Association! This group is intended to give our youth members a chance to participate more actively in GNCA’s efforts of education and promotion of cultural understanding in Middle Tennessee’s Chinese community.
What will I do in YVA?
- Take leadership roles within the YVA
- Work with and receive mentoring from GNCA leaders
- Interact with other groups throughout Middle Tennessee
- Help others through community service
How will I benefit from YVA?
- Make new friends
- Build leadership skills
- Learn more about Middle Tennessee’s Chinese community
- See how your individual and team efforts improve the community around you
Interested in joining? You just need to…
- Be a rising 9th grader and above
- Demonstrate leadership aptitude and an interest in community service
- Exhibit flexibility, maturity, integrity, good social skills, and open-mindedness
- Be able to work cooperatively in diverse groups and tolerate the opinions of others
- Be capable of implementing projects that benefit applicant’s school and/or community
- Have the motivation necessary to be an active and successful YVA participant
If you are interested in joining the YVA, please click on the link below to submit an application. (NOTE: Applications for the initial leadership group and founding members must be received by June 1, 2020.)