GNCA’s Mid-Autumn Festival is just two days away!
First things first: Everyone is welcome to attend, even if you didn’t register before the September 17 deadline! Registered guests will receive a gift bag including a mooncake, bottled water, and payment vouchers (see below). They will also receive priority for u-pick muscadine grapes. (That’s right — so many people have shown interest that the vineyard owner is worried we might pick the vines clean of ripe grapes!)
Since the event location, APleasant Vineyard Winery, is outdoors and well outside Nashville (near Columbia, TN), please read the “Planning Ahead” section below to ensure an ideal experience for you and your family.
- Date: Saturday, September 23
- Time: 2:00 – 8:30pm
- Location: APleasant Vineyard Winery, 2018 Les Robinson Road, Columbia, TN 38401
- Attendance: Free!
- Full event hours: 2:00 – 8:30pm
- U-pick muscadine grapes: 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Performances and games: 4:00pm – dusk
- Mid-Autumn Market and bake sale: 4:00pm – dusk
- Bonfire and movie: start at dusk
The event is being held on the grounds of a working vineyard and thus has no built-in shelter, seating, restrooms, electricity, or drinking water — everything must be brought in. Because of this, you should expect to make additional preparations to ensure a pleasant and comfortable experience for you and your family.
- FULLY OUTDOORS: The event will be held in an open field with no seating or shelter, so please bring your own chairs, picnic blankets, bug spray, etc. While a sunny, warm day is forecast, you may also consider bringing umbrellas, rain boots and other rain gear.
- BRING FOOD AND BEVERAGES: While we will have three food trucks on site, we recommend that you also bring your own water and snacks. (Water and light refreshments will be provided for those who have registered.)
- BRING CASH: Cell phone coverage (and thus credit card and other electronic payment options) is unreliable, so please bring cash. Certain attractions, such as the bake sale and the activities in the Mid-Autumn Market, require vouchers for payment. Each registered guest will receive $5 worth of vouchers; additional vouchers can be purchased at the check-in area.
- FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN: Portable bathrooms are limited and quite basic, so if you have young children, make sure they have enough diapers and other supplies.
- U-PICK GRAPES: The vineyard will provide details about how to choose grapes, along with bags and buckets. Picking is only allowed until 4pm, and priority goes to registered guests. The vineyard may limit the amount of grapes each party can pick due to limited supplies of ripe grapes.
- NO ALCOHOL: This is an alcohol-free event. While the vineyard will have a limited amount of wine for sale (valid ID required), please wait until you get home to sample it.
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
We are greatly expanding the number and variety of activities this year, offering fun from the early afternoon into the evening. A number of GNCA members will contribute homemade foods for a fundraising bake sale, and various hands-on activities can be found in the Mid-Autumn Market.
- U-pick muscadine grapes
- Evening bonfire and marshmallow roast
- Outdoor movie (tentative choice is the Mid-Autumn Festival-themed Over the Moon)
- Variety show and performances
- Vendors: beverages, cakes, homegrown produce; proceeds go to support GNCA
- Learn to make your own mooncake
- Take a photo in in traditional Chinese clothing
- Family games and contests
- Balloon artist
- GNCA sponsor booths
- …and more!
About our hosts
APleasant Vineyard Winery, located in Columbia, TN (about 40 minutes from Nashville), is owned by members of Nashville’s Chinese community. It specializes in growing muscadine grapes, which are native to the southern U.S. and have a unique flavor quite different from other grapes. Learn more about the vineyard and its owners below:
- Facebook page
- Youtube page
- Profile from Vanderbilt Business Review
- Chinese language article from our e-magazine, GNCA Journal.
Thank you to our hosts for generously offering their space two years running!
GNCA is grateful to all of our sponsors, whose support helps make events like this possible. In addition to our primary sponsors, we wish to thank Code Ninjas, Madison Muffler & Auto Repair, Knoll’s Place Medical Clinic, and Wang Jia for their support of this year’s event.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you there!